So as of right now, I have less than 2 weeks until I leave for Copenhagen. 12 days to be exact. 11 days, 21 hours to be even more exact. I don’t think it’s really hit me yet. Although I did have a momentary freak-out when I realized I didn’t even know the Danish word for toothpaste…like…what am I supposed to do without toothpaste. I know that all of these petty fears will mean nothing once I am actually abroad and I’m sure that I will be smart enough to get around the city once I get there. I just want to get there already though! I feel like I’m overly preparing – I already mapped out my first few days there: how to get to the metro station, how to get to my orientation meetings, what restaurants are around my dorm, etc. In the mean time, I’ve started making an “Abroad Bucket List”.
- See the Northern Lights in Norway
- Go to the world’s largest IKEA in Stockholm
- See the castle that Hamlet was supposed to be based out of – Kronborg – in NE Denmark
- See the Little Mermaid statue
- Take a trip to Italy and hike in Cinque Terre
and more to come as I think of them…
Seriously can’t wait!