– all the restaurants and cafes in Nyhavn had blankets at each seat for people sitting outside. Seriously such a good idea.
– I will probably get really good at dividing by 6 by the end of this – it’s 6 kroner to the dollar.
– My Danish teacher looks like Justin Vernon from Bon Iver. His name is Jørgen. (pronounced “yoarn”)
– Everyone in Copenhagen is really fashionable
– My first culture shock was hearing kids playing in the alley behind my apartment and I wasn’t able to understand what they were saying
– Even though I’m a pretty quiet person, I’m still lumped with the “loud Americans”. The Danes are a pretty reserved group of people, on average. Even me asking the people around me where they were from on my first day of Danish classes got me strange looks.